Princess Cruises unveils biggest-ever season of sailings from UK
Princess Cruises has announced that 2018 will see its biggest ever season of cruises departing from the UK, with more than one million nights on sailings to northern and southern Europe for the first time.
The announcement forms part of the cruise line’s 2018 programme, which includes Europe, Alaska, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Canada and New England.
The programme’s highlights include:
- Sapphire Princess will make its maiden visit to Europe, sailing from Southampton to the Mediterranean and northern Europe
- Royal Princess will return to the UK, offering round-Britain cruises
- Pacific Princess will sail from Dover and there will be a new 12-night European capitals’ cruise visiting Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen and Paris, among others
- Summer Caribbean cruises will be available for the first time in three years
- Alaska will have its largest ever deployment with seven ships sailing the region from May to September.
Tony Roberts, vice president of Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “Having seen a significant increase in popularity of Princess cruises from the UK, we are thrilled to announce that our 2018 programme will be our biggest-ever season. With over 40 sailings, there are more holiday options than ever before from the UK.
“We are very excited to welcome Sapphire Princess, which has never sailed in Europe before and boasts unique features that we are confident our UK guests will enjoy. And the return of Royal Princess will be a special moment as 2018 will mark five years since she was launched in Southampton by HRH, the Duchess of Cambridge.”