Asia Pacific timeshare body open for membership
A new regional trade organisation designed to support and promote the timeshare industry in Asia Pacific is now open for membership.
The Asia Pacific Resort Development Organisation (APRDO) was formed in May 2018 with the mission to support and promote the region’s timeshare industry. It strives to provide a framework that fosters innovation and regulation and to ensure that business practices are being conducted to the highest ethical standards.
The organisation has set forth the following key objectives:
- To support the cause and priorities of country timeshare associations in the Asia Pacific region
- To encourage and facilitate the establishment of new timeshare associations in key countries in the Asia Pacific region
- To influence timeshare industry regulation (including near term and long term efforts in key countries) in the Asia Pacific region
- To promote self-regulation of the timeshare industry, through the promulgation of a code of conduct and best practices standards for the timeshare industry in the Asia Pacific region
- To be a point of contact for governments and timeshare industry participants, including in relation to any referral of development inquiries and consumer complaints to local timeshare associations
- To provide research, education and information exchange within the industry and with government bodies
The new organisation offers two categories of membership and is now open to entities participating in the resort development industry within the Asia Pacific region that have an interest and conviction in the organisation’s objectives.
Members of APRDO can look forward to many benefits, including opportunities for valuable professional contacts and involvement in issues impacting the timeshare industry in Asia Pacific.
For more information about APRDO or on becoming a member, visit www.aprdo.org