OYO Hotels & Homes reaches milestone in UK
Fast-growing hotel group OYO Hotels & Homes has announced its 100th UK hotel just ten months after arriving in the UK.
The company has launched a new UK website (www.oyorooms.com) alongside its OYO App to make it easy for travellers to find and book its range of affordable independent hotels and guesthouses.
OYO-branded properties can be found in city centres, seaside resorts, near transport hubs and in rural areas.
Rather than developing or building new hotels, OYO works with small and independently-owned properties to improve the behind-the-scenes running of the business while investing in the hotel to enhance the look and feel for guests.
Guests can expect certain standards at OYO hotels, such as free wifi and clean and comfortable rooms. While the OYO brand is introduced, the individuality of each hotel is maintained and embraced.
Highlights of the company’s growing UK portfolio include:
- OYO Townhouse 30 Sussex – OYO’s first hotel in the UK offers clean and comfortable rooms close to London’s Paddington station – an ideal base from which to explore the capital
- OYO Loch Ness Hotel Drumnadrochit – Those touring the Scottish Highlands can stay here to hunt for Nessie and learn more about the legend at the Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition right next door
- OYO Orestone Manor – An elegant country manor hotel in Maidencombe, Devon and the former home of artist John Callcott Horsley, designer of the first Christmas card, who hosted his famous brother-in-law Isambard Kingdom Brunel there
- OYO Pier Hotel Rhyl – A guest-house in North Wales just steps from the seafront that is highly-rated by guests
- OYO The Derby Conference Centre – The 50 guestrooms at this event venue offer on-site accommodation for those attending meetings, conferences and celebrations.
OYO also has a presence in other major cities and visitor hubs including Manchester, Brighton, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Sheffield, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Cardiff.
Jeremy Sanders, head of OYO UK, said: “It’s still day one for us, but we are very excited by the progress we have made in just a few months here in the UK.
“We feel very privileged to work with amazing independent hotel owners across the country, helping them to deliver a quality and affordable product with a local touch. We will continue to invest in the UK, and look forward to hitting many more milestones.”