Extra ‘star’ for one of Tenerife’s top attractions
Tenerife’s popular ‘Sunset and Stars’ is to get an important extra star – in the form of a Michelin Star – with the arrival of award-winning chef Erlantz Gorostiza.
One of the Canary Island’s most popular activities, Sunset and Stars enables guests to experience sunset on top of Mount Teide, a Canarian gourmet dinner and a stargazing session – and now the gastronomic experience is set to be raised following the announcement that Michelin-starred Chef, Erlantz Gorostiza is to join the team.
Gorostiza is the only chef in the Canary Islands with two prestigious Michelin stars, and will be designing a brand new menu to make the gastronomic experience an additional star of the show.
The Sunset and Stars experience, organised by Volcano Teide, is a highly recommended activity for visitors interested in both nature and stars. However, the recruitment of Gorostiza, currently head chef at M.B., the signature restaurant of renowned Spanish Chef Martín Berasategui, is set to make it a ‘must-do’ experience for even more visitors, especially those with a taste for gourmet food.
Having the UNESCO-listed Teide National Park as a backdrop, ‘Sunset and Stars’ includes:
- Return cable car tickets to the top of Mount Teide, Spain’s highest peak
- A glass of sparkling wine from local winery Altos de Trevejos at 3,555 metres high
- A spectacular sunset from Pico Viejo viewpoint
- A gourmet-style dinner featuring Canarian dishes and volcanic wines
- A stargazing session with English-speaking guides and long-range telescopes.
Teide National Park is considered one of the best locations on the planet for stargazing due to its clear dark skies, low light pollution and high altitude.