CLC World celebrates 35 years of operations
CLC World Resorts & Hotels, one of Europe’s leading independent resort operators, is celebrating 35 years of delivering memorable holidays for its members and guests.
Since its inception in 1984, CLC World has delivered millions of holidays around the world – the company now operates a diverse collection of 31 resorts and hotels spanning three continents.
Founder Roy Peires remains at the helm of CLC World and has successfully steered the company through worldwide recession and property booms, never losing sight of its purpose – to deliver memorable holiday experiences serviced to standards that consistently exceed customer expectations.
Through the development of innovative products and firm partnerships, CLC World offers its members a wide holiday choice – from the Yacht Club (launched in 2007) sailing the Mediterranean and British Virgin Islands to launching its own brand gin, the company has dared to venture into previously unchartered waters.
This year, CLC World also celebrated an altruistic milestone with its Spanish-based charity – Fundación CLC World – celebrating 20 years of helping those in need on the Costa del Sol and Tenerife.
Peires said: “35 years ago, I came to Spain, never thinking I would create a business here; but it happened, and we’ve grown with resorts worldwide.
“I believe it is necessary to give back to the communities in which we work. Fundación CLC World does that in Spain, with other company-led initiatives fundraising and providing holiday accommodation in the UK and globally.”
CLC World continues to evolve and adapt to the lifestyles and desires of its Members as well as paying heed to the global conversations around environment and travel experiences. In recent years, CLC World has:
- Designed and constructed a €20million development of 50 state-of-the-art apartments, Santa Barbara Heights, within its California Beach resort on the Costa del Sol.
- Introduced Signature Collection, its upscale, luxury contemporary accommodation with its bold, individual character and special features.
- Launched its own brand of gin, Gatehouse Gin, at its Scottish resort, CLC Duchally Country Estate, with on-resort gin experiences.
- Focused on environmentally-considerate options in its purchasing processes with the launch of its “There is no Planet B” campaign.
- Developed a digital destination guide for its resorts that provides information on facilities, amenities, events and Member offers.
Managing director, Patrick Ingram, said: “CLC World has grown and developed over the last 35 years from a single resort on the Costa del Sol to 31 resorts worldwide. One thing that has remained constant, however, is our commitment to our Members – to create fabulous holidays supported by excellent service.
“As CLC World moves forward, that commitment will not change as we continue to develop our resort and product portfolios to provide our members with even more ways to enjoy their holidays.”