Zwickel accepts Board Chair position at CVOA
Jon Zwickel is to take up the role as Board Chair of the Canadian Vacation Ownership Association (CVOA), replacing Francis Taylor, managing director of DAE.
Zwickel, who is stepping down as the organisation’s President and CEO (add link to story), will take up the new volunteer position in January 2019.
Although Zwickel’s primary focus will be on expanding InnVentures, his hotel and resort consulting practice, in his new CVOA role, he and the CVOA Board have established a workable succession plan that will ensure the association’s continued growth, impact and relevancy. The plan included InnVentures becoming a CVOA member.
“CVOA is a strong organisation representing both Hospitality Industry Developers and Suppliers,” said Zwickel.
“I’m proud of the strides we’ve made to forge industry alliances, increase government advocacy, rebranding the organisation and staying on the cutting edge as thought leaders in the vacation ownership arena. I look forward to working with my fellow board members as we move forward into 2019.”
CVOA Board Members:
- Jon Zwickel (Director, Chair) InnVentures Hospitality Corp
- Will Lambert (Secretary) Gardiner Roberts LLP
- Jeremy Moser (Director, Vice Chair) LaTour Hotels & Resorts
- Greg Crist Association of Vacation Owners
- Gord Minor (Director) Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Inc
- Dianne Hounsome (Director) Cottages at Port Stanton Inc
- Marlene Scott (Director) Whistler Vacation Club at Twin Peaks
- Robert Reyes (Director) Diamond Resorts Canada Ltd
- Cory Stegemann (Director) Cornerstone Vacation Ownership
- Don Eastvold (Director) Unlimited Vacation Club
- Paul Mattimoe (Director) Perspective Group
- Duane Lee (Director) Vacation SafeGuard
The announcement about Zwickel’s changing roles was made during VO-Con 2018, the CVOA’s annual conference, which took place at at the Westin Trillium House Resort in Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada.
A key element of the event was a panel discussion about the ‘Business of Vacations’, which saw a number of industry expert share their opinions on topics such Changing Secondary Market Paradigms, Advocacy and Government Relations and Staging Exceptional Resort Experiences.
Guided by moderators Greg Crist and Linda Mayhugh, President of C.A.R.E. (Cooperative Association of Resort Exchangers), representatives from all over North America (Canada, USA and Mexico) answered questions with transparent enthusiasm, creating an atmosphere of open sharing acknowledged as not usually evident in industry events of this nature.