IHG adds seven Holiday Inn Express hotels in India
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced the opening of seven more Holiday Inn Express hotels in India from the IHG-SAMHI partnership.
The hotels are spread across some of the key cities in India, including, Pune, Hyderabad, Nashik, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru.
IHG and SAMHI entered a partnership in 2017 to rebrand 14 hotels (approximately 2,000 rooms, operating and under construction) in India to Holiday Inn Express hotels.
All hotels in the portfolio were closed while they were being refurbished and upgraded with the latest design directives, to ensure the portfolio matches the global Holiday Inn Express brand.
Following the latest announcement, there will be10 Holiday Inn Express hotels from the IHG-SAMHI partnership open across the country.
Vivek Bhalla, regional vice president, SWA, IHG, said: “We are very excited to announce the opening of seven more Holiday Inn Express hotels in India.
“The brand has gained tremendous momentum in the country and we have also made significant progress towards our commitment to strengthen our midscale portfolio in India.
“We are confident that all newly opened Holiday Inn Express hotels in partnership with SAMHI, will successfully cater to the needs of the modern business and leisure travellers, across cities.”
Ashish Jakhanwala, founder, MD & CEO of SAMHI, added: “We began this journey with IHG in 2017 when we signed an agreement for 14 Holiday Inn Express hotels in India. With the opening of 10 Holiday Inn Express hotels from the portfolio, across seven key markets, we are excited and ‘more than ready’ to empower our guests to achieve their travel goals.
“Holiday Inn Express is a powerful offering that combines great design and a strong service culture, and therefore, we are confident that the newly opened hotels are well positioned to cater to the business as well as leisure travellers visiting these cities.”
The latest seven Holiday Inn Express hotels are:
• Holiday Inn Express Bengaluru Yeshwantpur – a 118-room hotel strategically located near the World Trade Centre and major tourist attractions in the city.
• Holiday Inn Express Hyderabad HITEC City – a 148-room property located at a 5km radius from major technology parks, local shopping centres and tourist landmarks.
• Holiday Inn Express Hyderabad Banjara Hills – a 168-room hotel just seven minutes’ walk from City Centre Mall and within 2km of tourist attractions such as Jalavihar Waterpark, Hussain Sagar Lake and Ravindra Bharathi Auditorium.
• Holiday Inn Express Nashik Indira Nagar – a 101-room hotel that marks IHG’s debut in Nashik, and located close to many city attractions such as Ratangad Fort, Ram Lakshman Tirtha, Veda Mandir Temple and Sita Gufaa.
• Holiday Inn Express Ahmedabad Prahlad Nagar – a 132-room hotel just 10km from Ahmedabad Junction and 17km from Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
• Expanding the portfolio in Pune, IHG has opened two Holiday Inn Express hotels in the city – Holiday Inn Express Pune Pimpri and Holiday Inn Express Pune Hinjewadi. With more than 240 rooms combined, both properties are located close to major technology hubs and local shopping centres.